Main Forum

How do you plan for the future?

4 replies
Votes:
Untagged users
I've never really made it past the LV age before and am unsure of what to plan for in MV age and up. Also not sure how to plan for future base expansion. Anybody here have advice?
Posted Feb 4, 19 · OP
Supporter
Votes:
+1
Supporter
Operator
Plan for a large base. At *least* 6x6 chunks. You will want 2x2 chunks for tree farm. Probably 2x2 chunks for food/biodiesel farms. I normally plan 1 chunk for an "automation room" with MV/LV autmation. This usually starts out as my steam tier room that I replace once I get mid-MV with LV/MV machines. Otherwise I plan ~ 1 chunk per tier. 2x2 chunks or more for large machines like EBF/pyros/etc. Don't forget about pollution, you might want to place really bad polluting machines on a far corner of your base. 6x6 is a nice size since it fits 4 3x3 chunk loaders.

You can also stack stuff inside of a single chunk if you want to conserve, but I like spreading my stuff apart and giving each area either piped power via liquid fuels or separate fuel sources in case of explosions.

Finally, don't get super wrapped up in building a gorgeous base. Play what is fun for you. If you have a cobble cube, so what? Or if you need a nice break, make a cool/interesting area - that's what I did with my surface on Epsilon. Here is a link to my base tour there. https://youtu.be/iM5cRxCLD34?list=PL5nYLz4lmJbsCgmhppXUFWc2xltkoRPsN&t=1
Posted Feb 24, 19
Votes:
Untagged users
I was starting to think I would never get an answer for this. Thank you for the advice. This pack feels a bit overwhelming sometimes.
Posted Feb 25, 19 · OP
Supporter
Votes:
+1
Supporter
Operator
A lot more of us hang out on discord vs the forum btw. If you feel lonely, best bet is to head here

https://discord.gg/EXshrPV
Posted Feb 26, 19
Votes:
Untagged users
Thanks for letting me know about the Discord. It's definitely a more active place.
Posted Mar 1, 19 · OP
Top Posters
NoticeNotices