Main Forum

Does anybody else's stuff seem to go missing randomly?

4 replies
Votes:
Untagged users
I got on the other day, and found some of the stuff in my inventory missing. I quickly got over it. But today, some more stuff in my inventory just disappeared in the middle of my session. Does anybody else experience this?
Posted Jan 8, 19 · OP
Supporter
Votes:
+1
Supporter
Operator
Generally, no. :d I recommend remapping the Q/drop key. Or unmapping it completely. Other than that, I guess try recording sessions?
Posted Feb 24, 19
Votes:
Untagged users
It definitely wasn't from accidentally dropping them. It always disappeared from some kind of storage and one time even reappeared a few real days later.
Posted Feb 25, 19 · OP
Supporter
Votes:
+1
Supporter
Operator
Are you doing a lot of teleporting or dimensional travel back and forth? I suspect a race condition in Forge's chunk handling when you leave and come back quickly. What I've seen is that I put something in a chunk, leave, then come back and that something is not in the inventory or placed on the ground. What's probably happening IMO is that you leave, the chunk is marked to save off, you come back, the chunk is loaded from disk before it gets saved off. Suggested fix is using chunk loaders.
Posted Feb 26, 19
Votes:
Untagged users
No, it happened early on before I even had a Nether portal. But it's been a long time since it happened, so I am not really too worried about it anymore. I more or less ended up with my items back I think.
Posted Mar 1, 19 · OP
Top Posters
NoticeNotices