Main Forum

No lavender biome within a radius of 10,000 blocks

3 replies
Votes:
Untagged users
The quest for the healing axe, you need 16 rainbow curry. One of the items you need for it is a lavender flower from Biomes O Plenty. I've crafted the Nature's Compass to find a lavender biome, however it locks up server chunk generation for ~5 seconds and comes up with "Not Found" in a radius of 10,000 blocks. I'm not sure if they are actually this rare as the whole minecraft world is only 60k by 60k blocks, and this biome didn't spawn in 10k blocks in any direction from spawn.

EDIT: Just found out that the server properties has the LEVEL_TYPE set to default, by default. Not sure why because from my findings lavender only spawns in BOP biomes, and it should be set to it by default, otherwise the healing axe is impossible to get through the quest, and rainbow curry impossible to get at all. I would change it but my world has already been generated for almost two weeks and I don't prefer to start all over again. I could simply just spawn this in but I can't on the other public server I play on.
Posted Oct 12, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 12, 18
Administrator
Votes:
+35
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Admins
Administrator
In single player i always find a lavender biome not realy far from spawn and i ry it a dozen times. Idk if it is different on my server.
Posted Oct 12, 18
Votes:
Untagged users
When you create a single player world it's locked to one setting, Realistic World Gen, which is how it should be as I was able to find a lavender biome in singleplayer. However, the server files come with the LEVEL_TYPE set to default which will not spawn any biomes from BoP or the custom terrain from RWG. If BoP items are required for recipes it should probably be set to "LEVEL_TYPE = RWG" by default when the server files are downloaded, otherwise the healing axe quest is impossible.
Posted Oct 13, 18 · OP
Administrator
Votes:
+35
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Admins
Administrator
yes it have to set to level-type=RWG.
Can you make an issue to Github. Can add server properties next release.
https://github.com/GTNewHorizons/NewHorizons/issues
thanks
Posted Oct 13, 18
List
Undo
Top Posters
NoticeNotices