Main Forum

IC2 Reactor questions

4 replies
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
I think I'm missing something obvious but I can't figure it out even after attempting researching online.

I built an IC2 reactor but I don't know how to get energy out of it. I've tried attaching wires from different packs but none connect to the reactor.

So I figured the reactor only works in New Horizons when it's pressurized. But now I can't figure out how to get coolant in through the Reactor Fluid Ports. Fluid pipes don't transfer coolant into the ports. I was able to load coolant manually with a cell into the access hatch but I dont see that as a long term solution.

Getting the hot coolant out would be the next issue. The ports suggest fitting them with Fluid Ejector Upgrade. I see the item in NEI but it doesn't have a recipe.

Any suggestions on how I can get the energy from the IC2 reactors or how automate pipe coolant into and out of it?

As an aside, I assumed reactors were the way to go to start generating EV. If there a better approach, I'll abandon the reactor.
Posted Apr 7, 18 · OP
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
I figured it out. I had the Fluid Port on the corner of the reactor. When I moved it to a side, I was able to get Gregtech pumps to work.

Also figured out why I can't make a Fluid Ejector Upgrade. Too bad I'm not on New Horizons 2.0.
Posted Apr 9, 18 · OP
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
Oops. Submitted before finishing comment.

Issue with Fluid Ejector Upgrade:
https://github.com/GTNewHorizons/NewHorizons/issues/1753

At least I have nukes now. Time to start pulverizing.
Posted Apr 9, 18 · OP
Votes:
+2
Untagged users
About the EV Generation, there is actually quite a large spectrum of machine you can use to generate EV Power.
You can upgrade the coil of your pyrolise oven to turn logs into charcoal faster.
Titanium Boiler(s) with the turbine of your choice ( Shadow feels very strong).

Large Gas Turbine is also very good.
Not to mention the combustion engine.
There's also the large heat exchanger with the high pressure turbine(s) once you're a little further.

Peace :-)
Posted Apr 12, 18
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
Now that I have my reactor going, I'm excited to scale it up. Large heat exchanger and HP turbines sound like a great upgrade once I get the reactor really cranking.

I thought I had to move on from all the oil I have pumped. Sounds like it won't go to waste after all with a large gas turbine and/or combustion engine.

I had moved on to oil from lumber, coke ovens and an automated lumber farm because oil produced so much energy than charcoal. Might be worth dusting it if I make a pyrolise oven.

So many great options (many of which I didn't know about). I really appreciate the advice Rejeno_01.

Cheers
Posted Apr 13, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Top Posters
NoticeNotices