Main Forum

Trapped in Twilight Forest

3 replies
Votes:
Untagged users
So I ended up with a really bad spawn in the Twilight Forest, which wasn't the end of the world itself, just annoying to do corpse runs. The trouble is that when I die, it just respawns me either by my portal (just fine) or 500 meters away in a dark forest (very much not fine) still in the Twilight Forest. To make matters worse, while I was finally recovering my body from my initial spawn in that zapped me underground away from the portal, I accidentally broke one of the dirt blocks around the portal. Now it's just a puddle.

So, I seem to be stuck. Even now that the portal is gone, I still respawn in the Twilight Forest inside my little portal protection hut.

Is there a way to get back to the overworld without teching all the way back up to LV in the Twilight Forest, or cheating myself back to the overworld?
Posted Mar 18, 18 · OP
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
It's actually impossible (or at least incredibly impractical) to even reach LV in the Twilight Forest. There are no sources of sulfur or gypsum (that I am aware of), so even if you could do everything else up to that point, you'd still be unable to actually start the LV age. Unless anyone else knows of a trick for getting back (and I'm fairly sure there are none), you'll have to cheat your way back to the overworld.

Actually, you might be able to make a nether portal there, but I don't know if that'll work and it might crash your world if it doesn't work (portals don't tend to like being formed in the wrong dimensions).
Posted Mar 18, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
Untagged users
So I guess I'm gonna have to cheat my way out, then maybe store a quick and dirty portal generator in the TF in case it happens again. Alright, thanks for the info.
Posted Mar 18, 18 · OP
Administrator
Votes:
+35
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Admins
Administrator
Maybe i have to make a quest where you get a free portal generator if you bee in the TF allready. This quest are repeatable all 24h or so.
Posted Mar 20, 18
Agree
List
Undo
Top Posters
NoticeNotices