Main Forum

[BUG REPORT] Quest log incorrectly counts crafting results in Forestry work table

3 replies
Votes:
Untagged users
Playing single player with the latest build, when I shift clicked the grout recipe out of the Forestry work table, the quest log did not count the crafts as completed. Later on when making the seared brick blocks, clicking them out of the crafting interface one at a time double counted them in the quest book (counted each craft as 4 items crafted when the recipe actually yields 2 per craft). I haven't noticed this problem with any other crafting operations, but not a lot of quests call for crafting of a large number of items. Most bulk item quests are retrieval.

I'm able to get around this because I figured out how to edit the quest book (after losing a ton of progress to a problem not related to the mod pack), but especially the shift clicking not counting could definitely cause some pain for players. The simplest solution may be to simply change the tasks for the smeltery quest to be retrieval instead of crafting, at least until a proper solution can be found.
Posted Mar 11, 18 · OP
Administrator
Votes:
+35
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Admins
Administrator
I am against retreival Quest in early stage of the game (Stone Age, Steam Age). Later on all quests are retreival.
Posted Mar 11, 18
Votes:
Untagged users
Fair enough. I've since run into a couple more instances of crafting quests not being counted correctly when you shift click multiple crafts of a recipe out of a Forestry worktable, so that is definitely where the issue lies.
Posted Mar 13, 18 · OP
Administrator
Votes:
+35
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Admins
Administrator
Yea Better Questing is not the perfect Questing mod but HQM for 1.7.10 is much more bad. Better crafting stuff with your normal crafting table. If you been in LV no more crafting Quests in the book.
Posted Mar 13, 18
List
Undo
Top Posters
NoticeNotices