Main Forum

Beating heart?

5 replies
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
I was just walking over to my cactus farm and all of a sudden a vignette appears blurring my vision and i hear a beating heart really loudly. This goes on for like 4 seconds before it dissapears. What is this?
Posted Jan 15, 18 · OP
Administrator
Votes:
+1
Admins
Administrator
Sounds like a Thaumcraft warp effect. You should read the first Thaumonomicon page carefully before proceeding with any further research
Posted Jan 16, 18
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
I'm not even at the level to make a thaumonomicon, I'm not sure what "warp" is or what causes it.
Posted Jan 16, 18 · OP
Administrator
Votes:
+1
Admins
Administrator
That's odd, but the beating heard and the blurred vision is definitely a warp effect; You might have gotten some warp from an enemy.
But if you're not into Thaumcraft yet, there is nothing to worry. Warp is basically the "penalty" of doing "forbidden" research; aka Dark-Magic.
Posted Jan 16, 18
Votes:
+21
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
You may have eaten a zombie brain, or been smacked by an eldritch guardian. They both grant temporary warp and cause such effects.
Posted Feb 23, 18
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
Usually that's a sign of an eldritch guardian. And in this modpack, until you have at least enchanted thaumium armour (or ideally thaumium fortress armour because of the huge defense boost) it's best to avoid eldritch guardians. If you were near a floating purple obelisk, that is probably what spawned the guardian. You really should stay as far away from those things as you can, until your armour can withstand being outside during a blood moon and you wouldn't suffer too much from even a wither effect (eldritch guardians are pretty awful in GTNH).
Posted Feb 24, 18
Top Posters
NoticeNotices