Main Forum
Page
of 2

Question: How to repair large steam turbine rotors?

13 replies
Helper
Votes:
+1
Helper
Topic title says it all. I've searched the web and found multiple suggestions about gregtech rotors that have lost durability can be repaired, but not how to actually perform the repair. Can't find a recipe in NEI either. So, does anyone know how to do it?
Posted Mar 12, 17 · OP
Supporter
Votes:
+1
Supporter
Operator
As far as I know, you can Not repair rotors.
I just craft new ones whenever it breaks, they last long, and arent that expensive once you find an good material to make them off.
I use an small ardite rotor for my large (steam) turbine
Posted Mar 13, 17
Helper
Votes:
+1
Helper
Alright. I also read that if a rotor breaks, the machine will explode. So I assume you replace the rotor before its durability is zero, right?
Posted Mar 13, 17 · OP
Supporter
Votes:
+1
Supporter
Operator
Where did you read that?
I've never had my turbine explode due to the turbine rotor breaking, nor cant I find any information about that?

When my Turbine rotor breaks, the machine stops, so you have to replace the turbine rotor with an new one and hit it with an soft mallet to start it once agian.

I used this page as my main source of information about Large Turbines, and I have only been using the turbine together with steam.
http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Large_Turbine
Posted Mar 13, 17
Helper
Votes:
+1
Helper
This page on ftbwiki.org mentions this: "Additionally, as the Turbine runs, the Rotor it is using will gradually begin to wear down and lose durability. This does not affect the running of the Turbine, unless the Rotor loses all durability while still being used, which instantly triggers a very large explosion that will destroy the turbine and a lot of the surrounding terrain."

I guess ftbwiki is about GT5 and not about GT5 experimental.
Posted Mar 13, 17 · OP · Last edited Mar 13, 17
Supporter
Votes:
+1
Supporter
Operator
hm, I belive that information is about GT6, need to verify this.
an special version of GT5U is used for GTNH
Posted Mar 13, 17
Operator
Votes:
Operator
turbines explode on rotor break, to prevent it you need to use - Needs maintenance cover in proper mode, also no there is no way of repairing turbines that i know.
Posted Mar 13, 17
Votes:
Untagged users
I would try putting it in the Thaumic Restorer if you already have one, though I highly doubt this will work. IIRC I don't think I've gotten it to accept any of the GregTech tools or items with durability, but it does seem to work with quite a few items from some other mods so I'm not entirely certain how it decides what it will accept.
Posted Mar 15, 17
Helper
Votes:
+1
Helper
My thaumcraft progression is not that far yet, but it's an interesting idea indeed.
Posted Mar 15, 17 · OP
Helper
Votes:
+1
Helper
Sadly turbine rotors cannot be repaired using a thaumic restorer either.
Posted Mar 23, 17 · OP
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices